NEW! Babyrompers at sisterMAG Patterns
!NEW! in our sisterMAG Patterns shop
Find the pattern here on
All fabrics that can be washed well are suitable – preferably at 60 °C to be able to remove any milk residues well ;)
The fabrics should be washed according to the manufacturer‘s recommendations before cutting
- 0.4 m outer fabric for a fabric width of 1.40 m
- rest lining fabric
- 100 cm thin rubber band 0.5 cm wide
- 2 buttons
- 4 press buttons
CUT OUT THE PATTERN PIECES
- front panel 1x to fold
- Back panel 1x to fold
- straps 2x 7 cm x around 26 cm
- Button placket 2x 14 cm x 6 cm
- bias binding 100 cm x 3 cm
- Sew side seams (since baby pants are washed a lot, it is advisable to sew these seams as felled seams).
- Sew the bias binding to the leg cutouts right sides together, fold over to the inside, fold in the seam allowance and baste, top stitch the elastic.
- Pull in elastic and secure at ends.
Button placket for quick diaper change
- Sew button placket right sides together on center front of pants, grasping elastic ends as you do so, fold halfway out and sew short sides together.
- Turn inside out, fold in seam allowance, baste and sew in place.
- Work the center back in exactly the same way.
- Incorporate 4 press buttons
- Place the straps lengthwise right sides together and sew the long side and one short side, cutting back the seam allowances diagonally at the corners.
- Turn straps and press.
- Sew straps to back panel.
- Sew bias binding right sides together, turn inside out, fold in seam allowance and baste, top stitch elastic, tuck in elastic and secure.
- Now sew the remaining bias binding inside by hand, invisible.
- Finish top edges of front bib and back strap with bias binding.
- Work in buttonholes.
- Sew on buttons.