Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Recipe »Thai Sweet Potato Red Curry Soup«
Thai Sweet Potato Red Curry Soup
- 1 Red Onion
- 500g Sweet Potato
- 1-2 tbsp Vegan Thai Red Curry Paste
- 750ml Vegetable Stock
- 400ml Coconut Milk
- 1 inch piece of Ginger
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
- Juice of 1 lime
- Fresh Coriander
- Coconut Milk
- Red Chilli
- Crushed Salted Peanuts
- Roughly chop the red onion, and mince the garlic and ginger together. Saute in a soup pot with a little oil for 3-4 minutes until the onion softens.
- Peel and chop the sweet potato into 1 inch cubes, and add to the pan with the onions and toss to coat. Add the red curry paste, stirring so everything is coated and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, coconut milk and peanut butter and stir. Cover with a lid and cook for 20 minutes until the sweet potato is completely cooked. Either use a stick blender to blend the soup, or transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. Finally stir in the lime juice.
- Top with an extra swirl of coconut milk, chopped coriander, fresh chillies and chopped salted peanuts