Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Recipe: »Rye Bread Bites«
Recipe: »Rye Bread Bites with smoked Salmon, Miso Creme Fraiche & Soy Sauce Meringues«
- 1 loaf of your favorite bread
- 100g smoked salmon
- 150g crème fraîche
- 2 tsp miso paste
- 1,5 egg whites
- 85g caster sugar
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- sea salt flakes for sprinkling
- To make the soy meringues, use an electric whisk to beat the egg whites with the sugar until stiff peaks form, about 6-8 minutes. At the final few moments of beating slowly, add in the soy sauce and continue beating until it is well mixed in and the stiff peaks still stand.
- Put the mix into a piping bag fitted with a star shaped nozzle and pipe mini meringue stars (roughly the size of a thumbnail) onto a lined baking tray. Sprinkle some sea salt flakes over them and then bake at 100°C fan/ 120°C for 1 hour 15 minutes, they should be crisp on the outside. Turn the oven off and let the meringues cool inside the oven for at least 15 minutes before removing them from the oven to cool completely.
- When you are ready to serve, mix the miso paste into the crème fraîche.
- Toast the rye bread, then slice and cut into bite size pieces. Spread the crème fraîche over the rye toasts, top with smoked salmon and garnish with the soy meringues, black pepper and herbs.