Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Recipe »Gluten-free chocolate cupcakes with apricot frosting«
Gluten-free Chocolate Cupcakes with Apricot frosting
For the batter
- 130 g gluten-free flour
- 60 g cocoa powder
- 1 TSP baking powder
- 1/2 TSP baking soda
- ¼ TSP salt
- 100 g sugar
- 100 g brown sugar
- 80 ml sunflower seed oil
- 60 g Yogurt
- 2 eggs (size L)
- 120 ml almond milk
- 60 ml hot water
For the frosting
- 220 g cream cheese
- 75 g sugar
- 200 ml cold cream
- 3 TBSP apricot jam
- 1 TBSP turmeric
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 C. Put tulip cases into a muffin tray with 12 holes.
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Mix both sugar and oil in a different bowl. Add eggs and stir until smooth. Then add the almond milk and yogurt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour mix and stir until there are no lumps. Then add the hot water – the batter will be quite liquid.
- Fill your cases about 2/3 and bake for 20 minutes. Let cool on a rack.
- For the frosting, mix cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice on medium speed in your mixer. Scrape down the sides of your bowl if necessary.
- On lowest speed, carefully add the cream before turning the speed up to medium until the cream is nice and fluffy. Add jam and turmeric and mix shortly.
- Put the frosting into a piping bag with star nozzle and pipe onto the cooled cupcakes.