Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Easter Recipe Pistachio Semolina Cake
Easter recipe: pistachio semolina cake
For the cake:
- 70g unsalted room temperature butter, cubed, plus more for greasing pan
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 250 g shelled unsalted pistachios
- 120 g spelt flour
- 110 g semolina
- 5 g baking powder
- 1 pinch himalayan salt
- 340 g granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the glaze:
- 120 g powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch of cardamom
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Grease bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan/or round cake pan with butter. Line bottom and sides with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place 120 g pistachios and ground cardamom in a high-speed blender/food processor and pulse until finely ground. Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add ground spelt flour, semolina, baking powder and salt. Mix together and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, thoroughly cream butter and sugar until fluffy, in another bowl. Slowly add eggs 1 at a time and continue to mix until smooth and fully incorporated.
- Using a spatula, fold the dry ingredients into the butter mixture, being careful not to over mix. Fold in lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Scrape batter into greased pan and level with spatula.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a wooden skewer inserted into centre of cake comes out clean but oily. Let rest for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Drizzle cake thickly with glaze to achieve a white top. Chop remaining pistachios and sprinkle all over cake along with dried cherries or cranberries
- FOR THE GLAZE add the lemon juice and cardamom to the powdered sugar and mix well.
- Drizzle thickly on cake when cooled.