Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Bauhaus Recipe: »Jelly Cubes«
Bauhaus Recipe: »Blackcurrant & Cassis Jelly Cubes«
- Makes: 6 jellies
- You will need a silicone ice cube mould for large (4.5cm) ice cubes
- 600 g blackcurrants
- 50 ml cassis
- 150 g caster sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 6 gelatine leaves
- Put the gelatine leaves into cold water and leave to soak for 5 minutes.
- Wash the blackcurrants and put into a saucepan with 250ml water, the sugar and lemon juice.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes over a medium heat until the fruits are softened.
- Put a clean muslin cloth into a sieve and place over a bowl or jug. Pour the fruits into the sieve and leave the juices to drip into the bowl/jug.
- Use a wooden spoon to press some more liquid through if needed. Now take the gelatine out of the water and squeeze the remaining water out.
- Add to the fruit juice and stir until dissolved. Add the cassis and then pour the liquid into the ice cube mould.
- Leave to cool before refrigerating for at least 2 hours. Serve the jellies on their own or garnished with fruits and cream.