Baking for Beginners & Advanced Bakers with the Tefal Cake Factory
Together with four bloggers, we tested the TEFAL CAKE FACTORY and its 5 programs with various cake recipes. From lava cake to cupcake, everything is included. Discover your favorite cake recipes, which should definitely not to be missed in the summer, because something sweet is always good, right? Read everything in sisterMAG 50.
Baking for Beginners & Advanced Bakers with the Tefal Cake Factory
Celebrations deserve to be celebrated duly – especially in summer when there usually is an abundance of weddings, birthdays, picnics with friends and slow family afternoons drinking coffee on the balcony or out in the garden.
Cake, cupcakes and more baked goods that make celebrating life just that much sweeter!
As much as we love being inspired by food features, spending hours on Pinterest and being creative in the kitchen: on some days, we simply need quick and sure success! Using this as a starting point, we teamed up with four bloggers to try out the TEFAL CAKE FACTORY. This is a baking machine that uses its 5 PROGRAMMES to create everything from lava cakes to cupcakes for you. Join us for an introduction to the device, learn which recipes are our favourites and how we use the APP for constant inspiration. Enjoy the bakes and if you already are the proud owner of a CAKE FACTORY share your creations using #MYCAKEFACTORY !
The Wow-Effect Lava Cake from the Cake Factory
Most of us will probably feel their mouths water when thinking about a chocolate cake with liquid centre – luckily this is a speciality of the Tefal Cake Factory.
Thanks to sensors, the baking machine knows exactly when the batter is perfectly baked on the outside and beautifully soft on the inside.
Follow these step-by-step instructions to make them:
Program 5: 13 Min. / Program 3: 17 Min.
- 3 eggs
- 180g dark cooking chocolate (55% works best)
- 150g cubed butter
- 75g caster sugar
- 45g plain flour
Melt the butter and chocolate using the PROGRAMME P5 – CHOCOLATE MELTING.
Mix the sugar, flour and eggs in a bowl.
Add the melted chocolate/butter to the mixture.
Divide the mixture equally between the moulds, then place them in the Cake Factory. Cook the lava cakes on PROGRAMME 3 for 15-17 minutes, depending on how runny you like them!
Leave to cool for a few minutes before removing from the mould.
Fruity, floral – both!
You love flowers and are craving a fruity bake? Then the apple roses we made with Nicola will be perfect for you!
»I DON’T HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE CAKE FACTORY TO PREHEAT, BUT CAN START BAKING RIGHT AWAY – PERFECT WHEN YOU DON’T HAVE A LOT OF TIME.«
Recipe with the APP
Program 3: 45 Min. / 225° c
For 6 Roses:
- 1,5 rolls of puff pastry
- 3 red apples, for example Gala or Pink Lady
- a dash of ground cinnamon
- 50cl water
- 1 lemon
Wash the apples and cut them into thin (1-2mm) slices. Put the apple slices into a pan along with water and lemon juice.
Bring to a boil and let it bubble for 30 seconds. Then take the pan off the heat.
Spread the slices on a big, clean dish towel. Cover with a second towel and lightly press to soak up excess moisture.
Roll out the pastry and cut it into 6 pieces, each of them 6 cm wide.
Lightly dust each piece of pastry with cinnamon. Place the apple slices on the pastry right up to the edge, letting the round parts peek over the cut off pastry. Fold the bottom part of the pastry over the bottoms of the apple slices and roll everything up into a pretty rose. Put them into the cake tins.
Put the tin into the Cake Factory. Start the PROGRAMME 3 for the indicated time.
Let cool for 10 minutes and carefully remove from the tins. Serve warm with crème fraiche or cold with icing sugar and enjoy.
The 22-year old from Berlin is what is called a newbie influencer.
Her boyfriend gave the Business Administration student the idea to start a blog. Since she always loved taking pictures and having her picture taken, she decided to take matters into her own hand and developed a structure for her feed, what she wanted to present and quickly rose to success with her rainbow-inspired colour concept. We’re excited to see where she’ll take her channel next – at the moment, we’re in a yellow phase!
Delicious snack for in between: plum cake
»WITH THE APP, I CAN FIND MORE THAN 200 RECIPES FOR INSPIRATION, THAT WORK FOR ME, WITHOUT BEING AN EXPERT AT BAKING.«
Bianca and her daughters developed a recipe for us that both kids and grownups enjoy and that’s super easy to make for beginners. The best thing: it tastes incredible as you can probably see from the pictures!
RECIPE WITH THE APP
Program 1: 36 Minutes
- 100g margarine
- 100g sugar
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 190g flour
- 1 TBSP baking powder (10g)
- 6 ripe plums
- Icing sugar to dust
- Mix the margarine, sugar and vanilla sugar in a bowl. Alternate between adding an egg and 1 TBSP of flour while always stirring well in between.
- Add lemon juice and sieve in the rest of the flour along with the baking powder.
- Pour the cake batter into the buttered tin. Quarter the plums and place them on top of the batter.
- Put your tin into the cake factory. Start the PROGRAMME 1 for the indicated time.
- Let the cake cool before taking it out of the tin. Dust with icing sugar.
31-year-old Bianca uses her channel to show how a patchwork-mum uses lots of humour and love to get through everyday life with three kids. Together with her three friends, she also writes on their blog, Milf Café, where the four of them authentically report on both funny and informative aspects of family life.
For creative bakers: own creations from the Cake Factory
Besides the recipes in the Cake Factory App and in the added recipe booklet, you can of course create your own recipes. Emma is a true expert on this and created these beautiful cupcakes for us – a perfectly fresh summer recipe! Here’s how to make them:
»WITH THE TEMPERATURE ADAPTATIONS, I DON’T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE RIGHT TEXTURE – AND BAKING BECOMES EASY!«
Strawberry Soda Cupcakes
Program 2: 20 Min.
- 2 eggs (M)
- 90g sugar
- 1 TSP vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 120g flour
- 2 TSP baking powder
- 40ml neutral vegetable oil
- 70ml Fanta or orange soda
For the topping:
- 200g strawberries
- 200g quark (similar: yoghurt with around 20% fat)
- 200g cream
- 4 TSP vailla sugar
- 2 sachets of Gelatine-Fix
- 5 TSP strawberry powder
For the deco:
- small strawberries
- Beat the egg with the sugar and pinch of salt. Add lemon juice and cream and stir vigorously. Add flour and baking powder and mix well until smooth.
- Add 40 ml neutral vegetable oil and 70 ml Fanta or orange soda, stir and divide the batter equally between the muffin tins.
- Put the tin into the Cake Factory. Start the PROGRAMME 2 – MUFFIN AND CUPCAKES for the indicated time.
- Let cool completely before taking the muffins out of the tin.
- In the meantime, make the topping: Add cream, quark and vanilla sugar, Gelatine Fix and strawberry powder to a big bowl. Beat vigorously until you have an airy cream.
- Puree the strawberries and add. Keep in the fridge until needed.
- When the muffins have cooled down, decorate with the cream and slices of strawberries. Store in the fridge.
RECIPES WITH THE APP
Mother of 2 kids and baking lover Emma made her passion into her profession.
It all began with a love for baking small and big treats and a passion for hunting down whimsical and delicious recipes. Now she works as a freelance food stylist and food photographer so she can live out her creativity. Her loyal community enjoys almost daily her recipes for colourful and sweet creations.
The decoration matters: chocolate cupcakes
And last but not least, we’d like to introduce you to Franzi who used the Cake Factory with her two kids. The three of them kept to the recipe during baking and got creative when decorating their creations. Get ready for sprinkles!
»THANKS TO THE COOL TOUCH WALL, THE SURFACE OF THE CAKE FACTORY DOESN’T HEAT UP AND I CAN ENJOY BAKING WITH MY KIDS!«
Program 5: 7 Min. / Program 3: 16 Min.
For 1 load
- 90g chocolate
- 50g butter
- 2 eggs
- 80g sugar
- 60g flour
- 1/2 TSP baking powder (3g)
- 140g cream
- 130g mascarpone
- 60g raspberry jam
- 12 big raspberries
- 100g raspberry jam
- Wash the raspberries and fill each of them with raspberry jam. Keep in the fridge.
- Put chocolate chunks and butter into a bowl and put it into the Cake Factory. Start the PROGRAMME 5 for the indicated time. Then stir into an even mixture using a fork or whisk.
- Beat the eggs with sugar. Add the chocolatebutter- mixture and sift together the flour and baking powder before adding it as well and stirring it in vigorously with a whisk.
- Add a teaspoon of the batter and a jam-filled raspberry to each muffin tin. Pour over the cupcake batter.
- Put the tins into the Cake Factory. Start the PROGRAMME 3 for the indicated time. Let cool before taking out of the tins.
- Beat the cream and mascarpone until stiff. Stir in the raspberry jam. Put the cream into a piping bag and keep in the fridge.
- When the time for decorating has come, use the raspberry cream to decorate the cupcakes. Finally, add a jam-filled raspberry on top.
RECIPE WITH THE APP
Mother of two Franzi shows her community her take on a heartoriented and relaxed parenthood. In her daily Instagram stories, she shows us her everyday life, gives tips and shows the true life of a mum in all its colorful facets.