Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Bauhaus Recipe: »Vegan no-bake Cheese Cake«
Under the motto »Deconstructivism«, food blogger and photographer Lenka Selinger presents 3 dessert recipes inspired by the Bauhaus in sisterMAG. Find here the free download of the following recipe: »Vegan no-bake Cardamom Lime Cheese Cake«.
Bauhaus Recipe: »Vegan no-bake Cardamom Lime Cheese Cake«
- 65g oats
- 70g almonds
- 2 TBSP cocoa
- 10 Medjool dates
- 1 TBSP cold-pressed coconut oil
- ¼ TSP salt
For the filling
- 225g cashews, soaked in water for 2-8h
- Juice and zest of an organic lime
- 80g maple syrup
- 50g cold-pressed coconut oil (melted)
- 1 TSP freshly ground cardamom
- A pinch of salt
- 250g blueberries
- A couple of fresh mint leaves (optional)
- For the base: I used a rectangular tin (10x34cm) which equals a round tin with a diameter of about 20cm.
- Chop the oats and almonds in a kitchen machine until they’re ground roughly.
- Add the other ingredients and mix until thicker chunks form when you pinch the dough between your fingers.
- Press the dough into the bottom of your tin and around 2cm up the sides (dampen your fingers with a little water if it sticks to your fingers) and put it in the fridge to cool.
- For the filling: Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of your stand mixer and stir until you have a creamy, homogenous filling without chunks.
- Add the filling to the base and quickly shake it from left to right a couple of times so it spreads all over. Then bang the tin on your kitchen counter once to eliminate any air bubbles and help the filling spread into the corners.
- Cool for at least 2 hours. This cake can be frozen very well – simply take it out to defrost at room temperature half an hour before serving.
- Before serving: Garnish with blueberries and mint (I used very little for the pictures but recommend adding more when actually eating the cake – it’s a delicious flavour combination!)