Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Embroider your own napkins
- Embroidery thread in Green and Apricot (flower colours)
- Small embroidery hoop
- Napkins (best cotton or very tightly woven linen)
- Scissors & embroidery needle
- Place the embroidery pattern under the fabric and draw on the fabric with a thin pencil. If you have a textile marker at home, you can also reverse the pattern and iron it on the fabric.
- Using a small embroidery hoop, put the fabric inside and secure.
- Divide embroidery yarn to three threads, thread a needle and make a knot at the end of the yarn.
- Embroider stalk with the stem stitch.
- Embroider the two leaves with the Fishbone Stitch, starting at the widest part of the leaf and working towards the tip.
- For the petals change the thread colour and embroider the petals with a French knot stitch on the marked points.
- Remove embroidery hoop and voila – the embroidered napkin is ready! Embroider the desired motif on two opposite ends of the napkin.